restoring dignity and life among the lepers
In 1997, we set up a project to care for lepers in Ambala. Since then, two more projects have started in Indore and Chennai. Our aim is to:
- Run mobile medical clinics and dispensaries.
- Set up counselling and rehabilitation centers
- Establish educational programmes for the children of lepers
- Facilitate income generation projects
- Restore dignity to the lepers
At present, we visit the lepers, bathe their wounds and sores, cut away dead skin, apply medicines, and change dressings. Our vision is to expand this program to many cities across India.